Tidewater has a unique advantage in its relationships with several healthcare organizations and professionals, including Rex Health Ventures (RHV), an innovation investment platform managed by UNC Rex Healthcare. Working closely with RHV and other leading healthcare organizations, our firm is able to leverage significant expertise in evaluating early stage investment opportunities.
Tidewater looks for healthcare-related opportunities that feature:
- Target sectors of drug development, healthcare IT, healthcare services and medical devices
- A proprietary technology, service, or product
- Formal or otherwise protectable intellectual property
- Achievement of meaningful milestones, including revenue traction
- A blue chip investor syndicate
- A business model of recurring revenue or repeat customers
- An experienced management team
We prefer to invest in venture capital deals via preferred equity, but will consider convertible debt placements as appropriate. We also prefer to syndicate with entities and firms with which we have established relationships.
Based in Durham, NC, Phononic's patented solid-state technology is revolutionizing heating and cooling. Advanced thermoelectric semiconductor technology enables Phononic to provide disruptive products that were previously considered impossible.